The BEGO Group, namely
- BEGO GmbH & Co. KG
- BEGO Bremer Goldschlägerei Wilh. Herbst GmbH & Co. KG
- BEGO Medical GmbH
- BEGO Implant Systems GmbH Co. KG
shall provide the following information pursuant to Art. 13 and 14 GDPR to comply with the duties to inform regulated therein for the collection of personal data.
1. Name and contact details of the data controller and the company data protection officer
BEGO GmbH & Co. KG,
personally liable partner: Weiss Beteiligungs GmbH
Director: Dipl.-Kfm. Christoph Weiss
Tel.: +49 421 2028-0
Fax: +49 421 2028-100
The company data protection officer can be contacted as follows:
Tel.: +49 421 2028-0
Fax: +49 421 2028-100
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose and their use
We regularly collect the following information in business dealings with you:
- Salutation, first name, last name,
- a valid email address,
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile phone) and/or fax number
- Information which is required to initiate/establish/execute/process contracts with you
- Health data
- if applicable, details of attending doctors
These data are collected
- to be able to identify you as our customer/supplier/service provider;
- to be able to initiate a contract with you and perform the service resulting from the contractual relationship
- processing of warranty claims
- performance of services
- to fulfill legal obligations, e.g. duties to inform, internal comparison of data with sanctions lists
- to provide services
- to correspond with you;
- for invoicing, payment;
- to assert any claims against you.
- to check creditworthiness
Data processing is carried out at your request and is necessary pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR for the said purposes for the appropriate processing of the order and for the mutual fulfillment of obligations from the contract.
Data processing may also be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR.
Data processing by us may also take place on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR in our legitimate interests, except where your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms override our interests.
Furthermore, the collection and processing of data may take place on the basis of your voluntary consent. The consent shall be expressly obtained in each case. You can withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future.
The data we collect to execute the business relationship will be stored until expiry of the statutory retention obligation and subsequently erased unless we are required to store the data for longer under Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR on the basis of storage and documentation obligations according to tax and commercial law (based on the German Commercial Code (HGB) or the German Tax Code (AO)) or according to the German Social Security Code (SGB) or other regulations, you have consented to additional storage in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) or we have a stated justified interest in the storage according to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
3. Transfer of data to third parties
Transmission of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below will not take place.
Insofar as is required pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR, for the preparation or execution of contractual relations with you, your personal data will be forwarded to third parties. This includes, in particular, the transfer to service providers, contractors, contracting parties, health insurers, social security institutions and public authorities for the purposes of correspondence and to assert/settle your claims and obligations. In some cases we enlist the services of third-party companies to process warranty claims and to carry out works and services. By agreement with you, data will be forwarded to these companies so that your claims and orders can be processed.
The transferred data may only be used by the third party for the said purposes.
4. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- according to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to revoke the consent you have given us at any time. As a consequence, we would, in the future, no longer be allowed to continue data processing based on this consent;
- according to Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can demand information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data, if they were not collected by us, and on the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and any meaningful information regarding their details;
- according to Art. 16 GDPR, to immediately demand the rectification of incorrect or the completion of personal data that we store concerning you;
- according to Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the erasure of the personal data we store concerning you unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of opinion and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, on the grounds of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- according to Art. 18 GDPR, to demand restriction of processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful, you reject their erasure and we no longer require the data, but you require the data for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have filed an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- according to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller and,
- according to Art. 77 GDPR, to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your habitual residence or place of work or our place of business
5. Right to object
Insofar as your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR if there are grounds relating to your particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of objection, an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org will suffice.
Bremen, October 2018
Download information about data processing as .PDF.