Milling blanks made of BEGO PMMA Splint E are characterized by a thermoplastic flexibility with thermal memory effect. Due to the industrial production process the highest material homogeneity is achieved, which guarantees outstanding long-term stability. The use of CAD/CAM technology also ensures a safe process because mixing errors (e. g. by hand mixing) are eliminated.
The special material properties result in highly precise adaptation to the tooth situation and extraordinary, stress-free wearing comfort for the patient. Furthermore, the self-adjusting bite splint is extremely fracture-proof and has a high optical transparency.
- The high-tech plastic is included in the group of smart materials* and is designed to generate functionally therapeutic occlusal splints
- BEGO PMMA Splint E becomes flexible and thus self-adjusting from 27°C thanks to its thermoactive property
- The material’s thermomemory effect translates into the highest self-aligning torque at room temperature available on the market
- Splints made of BEGO PMMA Splint E are extremely tear- and fracture-proof, in addition to being long-lasting and permanently transparent
- The material’s composition satisfies high medical standards. The BEGO PMMA Splint E does not contain any phthalate-based softeners; it only features flexibilizers approved for medical technology applications. This significantly reduces the material’s irritation and sensitization potential
- The use of high-quality raw materials ensures a high level of biocompatibility and very good tolerability
- The unique production process eliminates any adverse effects on taste sensation
- High and precise adaptation to the dental bite situation
- Exceptional, tension-free functional comfort for the patient by thermomemory effect
- Extremely fracture-proof
- Highest thermomemory effect on market (returns to original shape between uses)
- High optical transparency
- No adverse taste
|Poly(m)ethylacrylate and cross-linking copolymers of methacrylic acid||> 90%|
|1.2-cyclohexane dicarboxylic acid diisononyl ester||< 10%|
|Flexural strength (23°C)||> 20 MPa|
|Flexural strength (37°C)||< 20 MPa|
|Self-alignment (37°C)||> 95%|
|Density||approx. 1.1 to 1.2 g/cm 3|
|Milling blank PMMA Splint E – 20 mm||98,5 mm||1 Piece||71200|
|Milling blank PMMA Splint E – 16 mm||98,5 mm||1 Piece||71201|
- Product flyer: BEGO PMMA Splint EThermoplastic milling blanks
- BEGO PMMA Splint E milling blankInstructions for the generation of occlusal splints with thermomemory effect
- Patient informationBEGO PMMA Splint E – Occlusal Splint
- BEGO PMMA Splint EProcessing instructions for CAD/CAM-produced occlusal splints
* Smart materials (also known as responsive materials) is a term used to refer in a narrower sense to materials that were specifically developed to independently respond to changing ambient conditions (such as temperature) in a specific way. This change is reversible.
Images and illustrations are examples. Colors, symbols, designs, and information on the depicted labels and/or packaging may differ from reality.