The protection of your private sphere is important to us! With the following information we would therefore like to inform you how we handle your data that are collected when you use our website.
A. Data controller
I. Name and address of the data controller
The data controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the BEGO company group comprising:
- BEGO GmbH & Co. KG
- BEGO Bremer Goldschlägerei Wilh. Herbst GmbH & Co. KG
- BEGO Medical GmbH
- BEGO Implant Systems GmbH & Co. KG
is BEGO GmbH & Co. KG, represented by the personally liable partner Weiss Beteiligungs GmbH
- Director: Dipl.-Kfm. Christoph Weiss
Wilhelm-Herbst-Str. 1, 28359 Bremen, Germany
Telephone: + 49 (0)421 2028-0
Fax: + 49 (0)421 2028-100
II. Name and address of the data protection officer
- Timo Deseniß
Tel.: +49 (0)421 2028-336
B. General information
I. Scope and processing of personal data
We only collect and utilize our users’ personal data if this is necessary to provide a fully functional website as well as our contents and services. Should this not be the case, use of personal data normally only takes place with the user’s consent. An exception to this is made in cases where it is not possible to obtain consent in advance for concrete reasons, and the processing of the data is permitted through legal provisions.
II. Legal basis for the processing of personal data
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subjects for the purpose of processing their personal data, Art. 6 (1a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies as the legal basis.
When processing personal data that is necessary to perform a contract to which the data subject is party, Art. 6 (1b) of the GDPR applies as the legal basis. This also applies to processing activities that are necessary to implement pre-contractual measures.
Insofar as it is necessary to process personal data to fulfill a legal obligation to which our enterprise is subject, Art. 6 (1c) of the GDPR applies as the legal basis.
Should it be necessary to process personal data in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person, Art. 6 (1d) of the GDPR applies as the legal basis.
Insofar as it is necessary to process personal data to protect a legitimate interest of our enterprise or of a third party, and if said interest is not overridden by the interests, basic rights and basic freedoms of the data subject, Art. 6 (1f) of the GDPR applies as the legal basis. The legitimate interest of our
company is to carry out our business activities.
III. Routine erasure and blocking of personal data
We process and store the personal data of the data subject only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of storage. Storage may also take place as far as is prescribed by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other provisions to which the data controller is subject. Personal data are routinely blocked or erased as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply or a time limit for storage prescribed by the aforementioned laws expires.
IV. Security of your data
We endeavor to store your personal data so that they are not accessible to any third parties by all technical and organizational means. When communicating by email, we are unable to guarantee full data security. The provider expressly points out that data transmission online (e.g., when communicating by email) may be subject to safety gaps and cannot be seamlessly protected from access by third
parties. Therefore, we recommend that you send confidential information by post.
C. Usage data
I. Log files
1. Description and scope of data collection
Every time the website is accessed, we or the website provider record data and information by means of an automated system. These are stored in the server’s log files. Server log files are anonymized data which cannot be used to identify you, but are indispensable for technical reasons to supply and display our contents.
The following data may be collected:
- Information about the browser type and the version used
- The user’s operating system
- The user’s Internet service provider
- The user’s IP address
- Date and time of access
- Websites from which the user’s system accesses our website (referrer)
2. Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for the temporary storage of log files is Art. 6 (1f) GDPR.
3. Purpose of data processing
It is necessary for the system to temporarily store the IP address in order to allow the website contents to be delivered to the user’s computer. For this reason, the user’s IP address must be stored for the duration of the session.
Storage in log files takes place in order to ensure the correct functioning of the website. We also need the data in order to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our IT systems. The data is not evaluated for marketing purposes in this connection.
These purposes also include our legitimate interest in the processing of the data in accordance with Art. 6 (1f) of the GDPR.
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they have been collected. Where data have been collected to provide the website, this applies when the respective session has ended.
4. Duration of storage
If data are stored in log files, this is done seven days afterwards at the latest. Extended storage is possible. In this case, users’ IP addresses are deleted or modified so that they can no longer be
allocated to the accessing client.
5. Opportunity to object and remove
Recording data to provide the website and storing the data in log files are essential for the purpose of operating the website. As a result, the user has no opportunity to object.
How can I prevent the storage of cookies?
You can configure your browser so that it accepts the storage of cookies only with your permission.
You can delete any remaining cookies. By deactivating cookies, the usability of our web pages may however be restricted. You can find information on how cookies can be deactivated under the following .LINK (wikihow.com)
III. Social plugins of social networks
Within the context of our website, we use a link from BEGO to social networks “Facebook”, “LinkedIn”, “Xing”, “YouTube” and “Google+” and in the case of BEGO Implant Systems to “Facebook”, “LinkedIn” and “YouTube”. You can recognize the link by the corresponding logo. When you click on this, you are
forwarded to our presence on Facebook.
To optimally protect your data, the buttons are integrated in our website in such a way that they can only be activated by clicking on the button with the respective network logo. A connection to the servers of the relevant social network is established when you activate and click on the logo button. Therefore, no data are transferred just as a result of calling up and visiting the site.
By activating a button your browser makes a direct link to the respective network operator’s server. This operator transfers the content of the link directly to your browser and integrates it into the website. Through this integration, the network operator receives the information that you called up the
corresponding page of our website. If you were logged into the relevant network at the time, the visit to our website may be allocated to your account. If you do not wish this to happen, then you should log out of the network before clicking on the logo share button.
You can obtain more information about the purpose and extent of data collection and their processing by the plugin provider in the privacy policies of these providers detailed below. There you will also obtain more information about your rights in this respect and the settings you can change to protect your
Addresses of the respective plugin providers and URL with their data protection notices:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=en. Google has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
IV. Use of Facebook Insights / Instagram Insights
On our Facebook / Instagram pages, Facebook Ireland uses its service “Facebook Insights” / “Instagram Insights”. If you grant your permission to tracking on our website through your opt-in, your data will be recorded for our Facebook / Instagram Fan Page. You can assert your data subject rights to Facebook Ireland and the BEGO Group. Primary responsibility under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the processing of Insights Data lies with Facebook Ireland. Facebook Ireland fulfils all the obligations under the GDPR with regard to the processing of Insights Data and provides data subjects with the essential Page Insights Addendum. The BEGO Group does not take any decisions relating to the processing of Insights Data or any other information resulting from Art. 13 GDPR, including the legal basis, identity of the data controller and the length of time cookies are saved on user terminals.
You can obtain further information on Page Insights Addenda with regard to the Facebook I Instagram data controller under this Link.
V. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by
Google, Inc. (“Google”).
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files stored on your computer to analyze your use of the website.
What happens to the data?
The information generated by the cookies about your use of this website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for the
website providers and providing other services relating to site usage and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google under any circumstances.
How can you object to data collection and processing?
You can prevent the installation of cookies by adjusting your browser setting accordingly; however, we would like to point out that if you do so, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. By using this website, you agree to the processing of the data collected about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
You may object to the collection and storage of your data at any time with effect for the future. To do this, you can prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin from the link below.
You can prevent recording by Google Analytics by clicking the following link. An opt-out cookie is used to prevent the future recording of your data when visiting this website (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
In view of the discussion about the use of analysis tools with complete IP addresses, we would like to point out that on this website, IP addresses are only further processed in an abridged form. By using Google Analytics with the add-on “_anonymizeIp()”, the possibility of relating the recorded data to
individuals is ruled out.
Google Analytics is also used to evaluate data from AdWords and the double-click cookie for statistical purposes. Should you not wish this to happen, you can deactivate this via the Ads Preferences Manager (http://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/?hl=us).
As Google is based in the USA, the transfer of data to a third country outside the EU or the EEA takes place in this case. The security of your data is however guaranteed, since Google has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield Treaty. According to the EU Commission’s ruling of 12 July 2016, Google
therefore has an appropriate data protection level.
VI. Use of Google Maps
We use Google Maps on this website. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on our website and makes it easy for you to use the map function.
By visiting the website, Google is notified that you have accessed the specific page in question of our website. The data specified in section 3 of this declaration is also transmitted. This takes place
regardless of whether you have an account with Google and are logged in, or whether you do not have any Google account. If you are logged into your Google account, your data are directly assigned to your account. If you do not want your data to be assigned to your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google saves your data as a usage profile and uses it for the purposes of
marketing, market research and/or as needed in the setup of its website. This type of analysis takes place (even for users who are not logged in) particularly to provide personalized marketing and inform other users of social networks about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of this usage profile, in which case you need to direct your objection to Google.
You can obtain more information about the purpose and extent of data collection and their processing by the plugin provider in the provider’s privacy policies. There you will also obtain more information about your rights in this respect and the settings you can change to protect your privacy:
policies.google.com/privacy. Google also processes your data in the USA and has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
VII. Use of script libraries (Google Web Fonts)
In order to present our contents correctly and in a graphically appealing way across all browsers, we use script libraries and font libraries from Google Web Fonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts/).on this website. Google Web Fonts are transferred to your browser’s cache to avoid multiple loading. If your browser does not support Google Web Fonts or does not allow access, content will be displayed in a default font.
The integration of Google Web Fonts is carried out in our legitimate interest to ensure the reliable,
appealing and uniform use of our website independent of the browser.
You can find the data protection directive of the library operator Google here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
D. Your personal data (inventory data)
I. What are “personal data”?
Personal data are information about your person that enable conclusions to be drawn about your identity or relate directly or indirectly to your person, e.g., your name, address or telephone number. They do not include information that does not enable conclusions to be drawn about an identified or identifiable individual.
II. Ways of contacting us
On our website https://www.bego.com/contact/ there is an overview of the ways in which you can contact us. It is in our legitimate interests to provide contact details, since this gives us more possibilities for coming into contact with you. If a data subject makes contact with the controller via one of the contact channels, the personal data transmitted by the data subject are saved automatically. Storage is purely for the purposes of processing or making contact with the data subject. There is no forwarding of data to third parties. The data you transmit are only stored for as long as is required to establish contact.
III. Application form
We provide an application form on our website https://www.bego.com/career/ that offers you the
possibility of applying online for the currently advertised vacancies at BEGO Bremer Goldschlägerei Wilh. Herbst GmbH & Co. KG. To use this form, you are obliged to enter your name, address and email address and attach your application documents. You have the option of specifying other voluntary
information about yourself (e.g., telephone number, date of birth, driving license number). This serves the purpose of enabling us to obtain a better picture of you and your qualifications, in order to assess whether you meet the necessary requirements. By submitting the voluntary data you agree to us saving them in the context of the application process.
The provision of this application form is in our legitimate interests in order to create another means of transmitting applications and appeal to a broader range of potential applicants. Alternatively, you can send your application to us in writing by post.
Storage of the collected data is used solely to conduct the application process. The storage duration is a maximum of 6 months from the time when the application process ends. Unsolicited applications
received electronically are generally deleted immediately after receipt and perusal of the documents. However, we reserve the right to save application documents for up to 12 months for possible
establishment of contact if, according to our legitimate interests, a potential vacancy exists for the
specific application within this period. You also agree to this storage by sending your unsolicited
application. You are entitled to revoke your consent to the storage at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications sent by post to BEGO Bremer Goldschlägerei Wilh. Herbst GmbH & Co. KG will be returned to the applicants at the end of the application process.
IV. BEGO e-shop
Take the opportunity to register on the website at https://login.bego.com/de/dental stating your
personal details for our e-shops and online portal
- BEGO e-shop for conventional solutions and 3D printing (https://login.bego.com/de/dental)
- BEGO e-shop for implantology solutions (https://login.bego.com/de/implants)
- BEGO guide order portal (http://guide.bego-implantology.com/)
- BEGO Medical Scan and Design Center – for Laboratories (https://www.bego-medical.com/scancenter/)
- BEGO CAD/CAM order portal – for laboratories (https://orderportal.bego-medical.com)
to register. The data are transmitted to BEGO in the respective input mask. The data will be stored solely for the purposes of internal use by BEGO. When registering, the user’s IP address and the data and time of registration will be saved in addition to the data listed below. This serves to prevent misuse of the services. There is no forwarding of data to third parties. One exception is if there is a legal obligation to forward the data.
Registered persons have the possibility of having the stored data deleted or modified at any time. The data subject shall have the right to obtain information about the personal data saved about them at any time.
Registration shall take place for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, for the fulfillment of the contract and on the basis of our legitimate interests. With the option of registering we can offer our contractual partners the possibility of ordering products in our e-shops.
What data do we collect and what do we use it for?
In the context of registration we initially need a valid email address from you. In the further registration process we collect other data which we require from you for orders in the e-shop, e.g., name, address and email address. The fields for data which are required for registration and have to be specified are marked as mandatory fields in the registration menu. The data specified by you are stored by us and are used solely to render the services you require and therefore to fulfill our contracts with you, e.g., to supply products that you order from us or to issue invoices.
Can I also use the e-shop without registering?
Only registered users have access to the BEGO e-shop.
Your data are saved insofar and as long as this is necessary to fulfill the contract and is required
according to the statutory retention periods. Following the expiry of the respective period, the
corresponding data will be routinely deleted if they are no longer required for the fulfillment or initiation of the contract and/or we have no legitimate interest in further storage.
If subscription to the BEGO newsletter takes place, the data are sent to the data controller in the
respective input mask. When registering for the newsletter, the user’s IP address and the data and time of registration are saved. This serves to prevent misuse of the services or the email address of the data subject. There is no forwarding of data to third parties. One exception is if there is a legal obligation to forward the data. The data are used solely for distributing the newsletter. Dispatch of the newsletter takes place on the basis of your consent (Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR).
When registering for the newsletter, you agree that we can send newsletters from the areas requested by you to your email address. When registering you agree to the following consent wording:
You can revoke this consent at any time for the future by unsubscribing from the newsletter. For this purpose, enter your email address under the following link. Through submission of your email address and confirmation, you are automatically removed from the mailing list. You will also find the
corresponding link in every newsletter.
Registration for our newsletter is carried out in a so-called double opt-in procedure. This means you receive an email after registration in which you are asked to confirm your registration. As proof of
registration to the newsletter, the time or registration and confirmation and the IP address are stored.
The statistical collection, analysis and recording of the registration procedure take place on the basis of the legitimate interests (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR). The legitimate interests lie in the proper and technically flawless execution of the email dispatch.
We save your email address which you specified in the course of ordering the newsletter for as long as you subscribe to the newsletter. As soon as you have unsubscribed from the newsletter, we erase your email address.
2. Distribution provider
The dispatch of the newsletter is carried out by the distribution provider CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Mühlenstr. 43, 26180 Rastede, Germany. You can view the data security provisions at www.cleverreach.com/de/datensicherheit/.
The distribution provider can use the recipient’s data in a pseudonymized form, i.e., without allocation to a user, to optimize or improve its own services, e.g., for technical optimization of the distribution and the presentation of the newsletter or for statistical purposes. The distribution provider will not, however, use the data of our newsletter recipients to write to them itself, nor will it pass on the data to third parties.
3. Performance measurement
The newsletters contain a “web beacon”, i.e., a pixel-sized file that is accessed by the server of
CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG when the newsletter is opened. During this access, initially technical
information, such as information about the browser and your system, as well as your IP address and the time of access, are recorded.
This information will be used for the technical improvement of the services based on the technical data or the target groups and their reading behavior based on the locations of access (which can be
determined with the aid of the IP address) or the access times. The statistical records will also include the determination of whether the newsletters are opened and what links are clicked on. For technical reasons, it is possible to allocate this information to the individual newsletter recipients. It is, however, not our aim, or that of CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, to observe individual users. Rather, the analysis serves the purpose of recognizing the reading habits of our users and adjusting our content to suit them or to send different information in line with the interests of our users.
VII. Forwarding to other websites
To increase our service offering you will find links to other websites on our websites for which other providers are responsible. For information on the extent to which our advertising partners collect
personal data, please refer to their privacy policies. You will see that forwarding is taking place because a new browser window will open and a new address will be displayed in the browser line.
VIII. Forwarding of data to third parties
Except for the cases already described, we only forward your personal data to third parties if:
- you have expressly given your consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR,
- there is a legal obligation to forward the data in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR,
- this is necessary for the settlement of the terms and conditions of a contract or to carry out pre-contractual measures in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR,
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR;
- forwarding according to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest warranting protection in the non-forwarding of your data.
There is no forwarding of your data to third parties for advertising purposes.
E. Rights of the persons affected
You have the right:
- according to Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the envisaged retention period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of the right to complain, the source of your data, if not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling according to Art. 22 (1) and (4) GDPR and, where applicable, meaningful information about their details. You have the right to request information about whether the personal data relating to you will be sent to a third country or an international organization; in this connection you can request to be informed about the appropriate guarantees pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR in connection with the transfer;
- according to Art. 16 GDPR, to request the prompt correction of inaccurate data or completion of incomplete personal data stored with us;
- according to Art. 17 GDPR, to request the erasure of your personal data held by us, unless the processing is required for the exercise of the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 89 (1) GDPR, insofar as the said right is likely to make impossible or seriously affect the realization of the aims of this processing;
- according to Art. 18 GDPR, to request restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the information about you is contested, the processing is unlawful, but you oppose erasure and we no longer require the data, however, you require this for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims, or in accordance with Art 21 GDPR, you have lodged an objection against the processing; if the processing of data relating to you has been restricted, these data may only be processed with your consent or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of other natural or legal person or for reasons of an important public interest of the European Union or of a Member State and you are informed by the controller before the restriction is lifted;
- according to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another controller, insofar as the freedoms and rights of others are not thereby affected. This right to data transferability does not apply to the processing of personal data which is in the public interest or takes place in the exercise of official authority that has been transferred to the controller;
- according to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, at any time to revoke the consent you have given us. As a consequence, we would, in the future, no longer be allowed to continue data processing based on this consent;
- according to Art. 22 GDPR, not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, unless the decision is necessary for entering into, or performance of, a contract between you and us, is admissible based on Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, or takes place with your explicit consent. These decisions may not be based on special categories of personal data referred to in Art 9 (1) GDPR, unless point (a) or (g) of Art. 9 (2) applies and suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests are in place;
- according to Art. 77 GDPR, to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your habitual residence or your place of work or our organizational headquarters. The supervisory authority with which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant on the progress and the outcome of the complaint including the possibility of a judicial remedy pursuant to Art. 78 GDPR.
F. Right to object
Insofar as your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (e) or (f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR if there are grounds relating to your particular situation or the objection is directed at direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, an email to email@example.com (data protection officer) will suffice.