The super translucent zirconium dioxide guarantees not only excellent aesthetic results – especially in the posterior region – but also offers a range of other benefits. The high translucency facilitates natural aesthetics, which are indispensable for fully anatomical crowns and bridges.
The high material strength allows for the production of bridge frames with up to two adjacent pontics.
The CAD/CAM products made of BEGO Zirkon ST are available in 16 VITA* classical shades from precolored blanks. BEGO Zirkon ST Multi are pre-colored blanks with gradient. The C and D colors with gradient are, contrary to the A an B colors, only following the VITA classical colors. As a result, color variations and lighter basic colors appear in this selection. The realization of the thin-tapered crown margins reduces the finishing work considerably.
Restorations made of BEGO Zirkon ST / BEGO Zirkon ST Multi can be veneered with all standard veneering ceramics, which are suitable for zirconium dioxide.
Please follow the instructions for use of the respective manufacturer. For fully anatomical restorations, you can choose between finishing by simple polishing and/or glaze firing with stain.
- Ultimate strength meets outstanding translucency
- Outstanding aesthetic results
- Consistent shade accuracy and reproducibility thanks to precolored blanks in 16 VITA* classical shades BEGO Zirkon ST Multi also with color gradient
- For the production of fully anatomical or reduced crowns and bridges for classical veneering and partial layering right up to maximumlength restorations
- Production of bridge frames with up to 16 units and up to two adjacent pontics
- Fully anatomical crowns and bridges in the anterior and posterior regions with up to 16 units and a maximum of two pontics
- Bridge frames for partially and fully veneered solutions in the anterior and posterior regions with up to 16 units and a maximum of two pontics
- Inlays / Onlays / Veneers
- Telescopic primary crowns
- Dentine core crowns and bridges
- Tangential preparation
- Chamfer preparation with a circular rising preparation margin (“guttering effect”)
- All-ceramic restoration – if the minimal requirements in terms of the available space and the preparation shape are not satisfied clinically
- Telescopic primary crowns
The colors of BEGO Zirkon ST are selected on the basis of fully anatomical units. In the case of zirconium oxide with a shade grandient, such as BEGO Zirkon ST Multi, the shade effect is significantly influenced by the wall thickness of the restorations. Thinly designed models and frameworks appear therefore significantly brighter (up to two tooth shades) than the selected shade. This should be absolutely considered when choosing the shade.
Zirconia with a high refractive index tends to look brighter on the posterior area. For posterior restorations, choose one shade darker than the target shade to achieve a natural look with surrounding teeth.
Even when the same shade color is used, the glazing and polishing will result in different color outcomes:
- For glazing, select the target shade color
- For polishing, it tends to become one shade darker. Therefore, select one lighter shade than the target shade color.
|ZrO2 + HfO2 + Y2O3||≥ 99.5 % by weight|
|Yttrium oxide (Y2O3)||6.9 % by weight|
|Aluminum oxide (Al2O3 )||0.05 % by weight|
|Sum of all other oxides||≤ 1.5 by weight|
|Physical material data|
|Strength biaxial||> 1,000 MPa|
|Vickers hardness (HV 1)||1,250 MPa|
|Coefficient of thermal expansion (RT – 600 °C)||10.8 x 10-6 K-1|
|Grain size||< 0.5 μm|
|Acetic acid 4 % solution in water quality 3 as per ISO 6872||≤50 μg/cm2|
* This symbol is a commercial designation/registered trademark of a company which is not part of the BEGO company group.
Pictures and illustrations are exemplary. Colors, symbols, design, and information on the labels and/or packaging shown may differ from reality.