- Joachim Weiss celebrates his 80th birthday and publishes a 350-page long BEGO company chronicle: "Questioning the status quo" (only available in German).
- Product innovations at this year’s IDS: Motova mixing units, Nautilus® CC plus, Gelovit 400. BEGO Security and BEGO FAIR FINANCE are launched and immediately accepted by customers.
- Over 900 guests are welcomed aboard the MS Rhine Energy during the IDS. The logistics project kicks off, restructuring of business divisions.
- At the Olympic Games in Athens, BEGO runs its own dental practice in the Deutsches Haus (official residence of the German Olympic team).
- The initiative elicits considerable attention from the trade journals.
- The 6th BEGO DIALOGE is held in Berlin.
- "BEGO – the film" is released. An impressive company presentation in DVD form.
- BegoLLoyd® LFC completes the precious metals range with an alloy for low-fusing dental ceramics.
- This year at the IDS: for the first time BEGO Medical attends the world’s leading dental show with its own stand.
- BEGO launches the innovative Nautilus® CC and a new generation of lasers – LaserStar T and LaserStar PW.
- Other milestones:
- The founding of BEGO France, BEGO Semados® goes independent.
- The "Go for gold" design now characterises the overall corporate image.
- Bio PontoStar® XL rounds off the precious metals portfolio.
- By now 40% of precious metal sales are made online.
- Publication of "Precision Milling and Partial Denture Constructions"
- The BEGO DIALOGE at the Düsseldorf Hilton in November is one of the year’s main highlights.
- BEGO Medical is presented to the wider public.
- In Paris BEGO attends the ADF with its own stand for the first time.
- China and Russia continue to grow in significance as export countries.
- Phasing in of customer management program ADITO.
- BEGO becomes an Olympic sponsor and co-partners the German Olympic team.
- Joachim Weiss is awarded an honorary medal by the University of Bremen.
- The academia · dental is founded.
- The Virtual Academy appears on CD for the first time.
- IDS highlights:
- Fornax® T, the desktop solution for one of the most successful casting units in existence.
- Wirobond® LFC, a new non-precious alloy.
- Wiroquick® neu and BellaCer – new investment materials.
- New blasting unit design.
- Public launch of Futuredent.
- New eye-catching "Go for gold" exhibition stand design.
- Despite the Rhine’s dramatically high level at Cologne, the two BEGO floating hotels welcome more than 1,200 guests.
- A new marketing structure is established.
- BDC is founded, initially in Hungary.
- Popularity of the BEGO homepage continues to grow with over 100 visitors a day.
- Two online shops – BEGO GOLD and SEMADOS® – are launched.
- They are a huge success from the outset.
- New GOLD advertising campaign: "Go for gold".
- LaserStar LYNX consolidates the success of BEGO lasers.
- Wirtschaftswoche magazine names Christoph Weiss, BEGO’s managing director, one of the "Future Elite".
- BEGO presents outstanding innovations at the IDS:
- Nautilus® T, the vacuum pressure casting device as a Desktop solution.
- Wiron® NT, a new non-precious alloy manufactured using the sintering method.
- The Easy line of equipment is launched with the new EasyBlast blasting unit and the EasyMix stirrer.
- BellaStar is the new star in the investment material sky, an innovative K + B embedding material with a completely new formula.
- VITA and BEGO start the VIGO LIBERTY project, the first dual ceramic alloy system with the freedom of choice of alloy.
- Semados® presents the Ø5.5 mm implant and a new insertion technique.
- Expansion of BEGO's Internet presence to over 1,000 documents. Almost 100 visitors a day to BEGO's pages are counted.
- The BEGO catalogue appears for the first time on CD-ROM.
- Changeover from Beikis to Baan as mainframe computer solution.